Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eat Drink and Be Merry...

Happy Fat Tuesday all! Today is the day that people "get it out of their system" before the observation of Lent as a preparation for the Paschal/Easter season. It is a day that New Orleans and other cities will become so drunk and stuffed that they wake up tomorrow looking forward to giving up something for 40 days. Truth be told, one time I did a 30 Hour fast in high school and we went to Gattiland before to stuff ourselves full of pizza, suicides, and breadsticks in order to get through the "eternal" time between meals we would have to endure. So I have no room to talk when I talk about the sanctity of a fast for the Lord.

Anyway, that said, I hope and pray many of you are considering walking away from something that is causing tension or difficulty in your faith walk, and giving it up for the Lenten season as an act of worship and sacrifice unto the Lord.

Tomorrow begins my voluntary withdrawal from Facebook and soft drinks, so I am sitting here at my desk enjoying a Coke Zero and Friend Updates for the last few hours before I walk away from them in order to devote myself to prayer, meditation, Scripture study, and personal piety. Buckle up, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment