Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Great Read

While we were at World Changers, I took with me a book to read during down time and before I'd go to bed. Now that I am done with school I want to be able to read things that interest me or that I have always wanted to but because of class obligations I was never able to.

The book I took with me was a book by Dr. Al Mohler called Culture Shift which is in essence a series of essays relating to cultural issues and how we as Christians should engage them. I found it to be a very helpful book, especially considering my role as a student minister working with young people who are dealing with issues that I never had to deal with at their age, living in a world that is increasingly anti-Christian and hostile towards the Truth claims of Scripture. I don't know if I necessarily agree with him on his stance of pulling children from public schools, but I appreciate his thorough and thoughtful examination of the issues and how we as thoughtful Christians should engage the culture at large.

It is a book I would highly recommend for anyone who seeks to understand the evangelical faith and its place in the contemporary setting. And if you're in Memphis, let me know and I'll let you borrow my copy! Just promise to bring it back

SDG,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment